Sunday, February 19, 2012

extracting table schemas with nvarchar column(on 2000) from SSMS

Hi ,
when I use SSMS to extract the script for a table if the table is on a sql 2000 database and table has got nvarchar column then I will get following error message.

property Ansipaddingstatus is not available for column XXXX. this property may not exist
for this object,or may not be retrivable due to insufficent access rigths (microsoft.sqlserver.smo)
and I am sysadmin on both server

also I have to mention I have tried from another 2005 machine to extarct the script the same way and it did work. so the problem is do my sql 2005 edition.
Many thanksDifferent SP level ? The SMO classes are updated during the SP update as well.

HTH, Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de|||Thanks for your reply,
that's a very good point, which I should have thought before posting this issue
but
on the machine that it is failing I have got SP2 of SQL Server 2K5 installed and on the one that runs successfully I haven't got any Service pack!!!
which it doesn't make sence
Thanks|||Did you try having the same Service Pack level on both machines ?

Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment