Sunday, February 26, 2012

facing problem in increasing connection string pool size sqlserver

Hi to all,

I am using a connection string like

data source=RemoteHostName;initial catalog=myDb;password=sa;user id=sa;
Max pool size = 200;

And now strange thing is happening ,, I am receiving error :

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection
from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in
use and max pool size was reached

The SqlServer Activity Manager is telling that only 100 connections are pooled, and I guess that the Max pool size is 100, It is not being changed by my Connection string. As I am trying to change the default 100 pool size value to 200.

Huh , So stucked up , how to increase the Max pool size.. Is there any way .

I am getting worrried.

Any help ??

Thx and RegardsBill Vaughn is a well-regarded SQL Server expert. This article of his should help you out:The .NET Connection Pool Lifeguard -- Prevent pool overflows that can drown your applications.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment