Sunday, February 26, 2012

Extremely long lines of text

I have a dtsx package that works fine with one exception. When I open the dtsx package in BI, it gives me the following message:

Document contains one or more extremely long lines of text. These lines will cause the editor to respond slowly when you open the file. Do you still want to open the file?

When I respond yes, the package opens and I can edit or execute with no problem. Still, I want to understand what could cause this message to occur and, more importantly, how I can get rid of the message. When I try to simply execute the package I still get the same error and it seems this will be a problem for trying to run the package from SQL Server agent.

It seems likely to me that this message refers to the dtsx file (in xml format) itself. Does that make any sense?

This issue has been discussed in previous posts:

"Document contains one or more extremely long lines of text. These lines will cause the editor to respond slowly when you open the file. Do you still want to open the file?"

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=313598&SiteID=1

|||Thanks for the information. I obviously did not use the right terms when I searched.

No comments:

Post a Comment