Monday, March 26, 2012

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server

Hello all,
I unisntall products as it are recommended (VS 2005 and SQL Server 2005
beta 2) in readme.txt of MSDN products subscription...
I install VS 2005 Pro and I have no problem during install. Now, if I want to open database, I have this error mesage :
"Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in
starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed."

In MBSA report, I see that the folders of SQL doesn't contain another
account than Administrator and VS2005 users. I delete other accounts but the
problem is the same.

If I create a new project with a new database the problem is the same.

Have you an idea to solve this problem ?
Thank you very mutch.
Regards.
Patrice.

This is because of a known problem in Windows. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;896613 for more details.

Thanks

|||Thanks Paul; Thank you very mutch because this problem is not solved. I called Msdn support last week without solution after two hours to solve that. We have controlled VS, IIS and others.
Then, I uninstalled VS2005 with all products. I cleaned the registry and then install again VS2005 and SQL Express.
The problem is exactly the same. It seem that the solution is in the account of the Window user.

Sorry for my lack of english.

Thank you for your help.
Patrice.|||Try deleting the directory SQLEXPRESS (Or better rename it say SQLEXPRESS_).

It solved my problem. This directory is at following location...

C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Data\SQLEXPRESS

cheers!

Ref. http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/showpost.aspx?postid=98346&siteid=1|||I was having the same problem and had tried the suggestions on this post with no results. I installed another instance of sql express and used the default instance name and that corrected the problem.
|||Hello,
Even your help and explanations I not solved my problem.
Now, I install SQL Server 2005.
I can attach the database : I use it, I create a new table; non problem here.
I create a connexion with the ODBC data source in Administrator tools in panel settings : Test connexion is OK.
But in VS 2005 I can't access to the database without this error with SQL Express or SQL Server !! :-((

I'm very hangry.

Thanks all.
Patrice.|||

Hello Pat84,
I got your problem yesterday, and I think I've solved it now.
You need to install the SQL Management Studio 2005 Express (CTD) first, create an account named "(YOUR)PC\ASPNET", subsitute (YOUR) with your PC's name. For me it's HENRYPC\ASPNET. Because VS Express will use this default account to access SQLEXPRESS's database.

Then create a database for the use of YOURPC\ASPNET with the help of Mgt Studio Express.
Then in your Visual Web Developer Express or Visual Studio, create a connection to the new database you just created. You need to select "SQL Server" as service provider, ".\SQLEXPRESS" as data source, and you will find your new database name as well as four system databases under the "select database". Then you test your connection. It will works!

Hope it helps! Good Luck,
Henry Li

|||

Thank you very mutch Henry !

I try that and I come back.

Regards.

Patrice.

|||You can get that error if your logging on using "Local Service". Try logging on using "Network Service", if you are not already.
Open the SQL Server Configuration Manager
Wtih the SQL Server 2005 Services node selected, right click SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS)
Select Properties
Make sure "Network Service" is selected
May need to reboot PC (not just restart the server).|||Sorry for that answer to be long. I was very ill...

Thank you all.

My problem is solved.

Patrice.

No comments:

Post a Comment