Thursday, March 29, 2012

Failed to obtain TransactionDispenserInterface and invalid LSN, databases suspec

All of a sudden I have 4 of my databases, including pubs that are all marked suspect and seem to be un-recoverable. I have followed the Resetting the suspect status directions as well as trying to attach only the .mdf files but still run into problems reading the .ldf file. I have not tried to do the procedure of creating another database with the same name and structure then swapping the files to trick SQl but will do so if I need to. Does anyone know why this happens all of a sudden to multile databases, of which Pubs I have never used for anything??

In my log files during startup I get this error

Failed to obtain TransactionDispenserInterface: Result Code = 0x8004d01b

Then this error for every database that is suspect, (the actual LSN numbers are different for each one).

The LSN (4:517:1) passed to log scan in database 'pubs' is invalid..
Is there anything else I can do to prevent this from happening or recover the DB's

ThanksThe log file is corrupted. The only good prevention is to have a good backup strategy. You need to look at whether your .mdf is also corrupted or not.|||Why would these become corrupted? Should I look for a SQL problem or a disk error??... Do you know the best way to track this?? I found it odd that 4 databases would end up like this at the same time

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment