Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Failed to insert.

Hi!
I am trying to insert into a sql server 2000 enterprise edition database from a .net application. but I keep getting the error server doesnot exist or access denied. I can connect to the server from query analyzer and sql manager. The database is running on windows 2003. The only thing I don't see is the ASPNET sys account not on the login database. I don't know how to add that.

Here is the connection string that I have always used and worked before.

Network Library=DBMSSOCN; Data Source=DEVELOPERS,1433; Initial Catalog=CMLTODB;User ID=sa;Password=password

Thanks,

You are hardcoding a username and password thus the ASPNET user does not need to be in the log in database.
Your connection string looks good. Some things to consider:
- Can you ping DEVELOPERS from your ASP.NET box?
- Is your SQL server in mixed or Windows Auth mode? It needs to be in mixed?
Check this article for a complete list of possible issues that cause this error:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328306
Jason
|||

Hi Jason!
I will check the link you provided, but I even put the application on the same server as the database. It still give me the same error. I changed my connection string to use the local server. It did not help either.

My database authentication is already in mixed mode.

Thanks,

Mostafa

|||

Try this url it has visual walk through, assuming your application is not handling money transactions. Hope this helps.http://duhnetnuke2.net/Default.aspx?tabid=64

Kind regards,

Gift Peddie

No comments:

Post a Comment