Thursday, March 29, 2012

Failed To Save Package File

I am just beginning to work on an ETL project at a new client site using their computers. They are an IT department new to SQL Server. We have SQL Server 2005 up and running, no probkem. But I get that error when I try to add a new package to an SSIS project. The error number is 0x8002801D "Library Not Registered". I did see the post about the MSXML DLL files and when I try to load an existing package I get 3 errors regarding XML - stating that the MSXML binaries may not be installed or registered properly. I searched and found the MSXML3 & 6 DLLs but the MSXML4.DLL appears to be missing. If I repair the installation, will this fix it? BTW - the MSXML 6.0 Parser did show as being installed in Add/Remove Programs.

Thanks for you help!

I won't guarantee that it will fix it, but it's not going to hurt Smile|||

I do not think SSIS uses msxml4.dll. Try registering msxml3.dll and msxml6.dll.

Thanks.

|||Thanks, I will. But I do have a question. My client installed the 64 bit version of SQL Server and the client side tools from the same CD. When I search on the files, I see that both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the DLLs are on the system. Should I register the 64 bit DLLs?|||You should register both.

No comments:

Post a Comment