Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Failed To Get Schema Name

I am getting a "Failed To Get Schema Name" error when I attempt to add a
view to a database on a remote server. I can add a View to a db on my
localhost server without any problems.

I am working with a report using SQL Reporting Services 2005 in VS.Net 2005

If I open the DB in SQL Management Studio, I can add a view without any
problems. What would be causing this error and how can I fix?

TIA
Dean

How are you creating this view? What are the steps? You said you can create the view using Management Studio - what tool are you using when you can create the view?

You said you are working with a report...so is the error being generated from the report? What does the report do? Do other reports work correctly?

-Sue

|||

i think the problem is with your .net connectivity. What do u mean by Add a view.... is it that u can create view. please post the exact error with error desc and no.

Madhu

|||

In Visual Studio 2005, using Server Explorer, connect to sql server, select db, right click on View node in tree, select Add.

It does not appear to be a Report problem. I'm trying to create a view that can be reused in multiple reports

Dean

|||

Adding a View, means using the Server Explorer window to connect to a database, select the View node and click Add.

"Failed to get schema name" is what shows up in the message box. There is no error number listed

No comments:

Post a Comment