Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Failed to install MSDE 2000a

I have been tring to install the MSDE 200Aon my marchine that is using
the command prompt.
this is the command that i was using:
(setup INSTANCENAME="SA" SECURITYMODE=SQL SAPWD="SqlAdmin1"
TARGETDIR="C:\" )
but it gave me the following error message;
(Go to the control panel to install and configure system components)
now i really dont know what to do from here can you advice me?
hi Tino,
Tino wrote:
> I have been tring to install the MSDE 200Aon my marchine that is using
> the command prompt.
> this is the command that i was using:
> (setup INSTANCENAME="SA" SECURITYMODE=SQL SAPWD="SqlAdmin1"
> TARGETDIR="C:\" )
> but it gave me the following error message;
> (Go to the control panel to install and configure system components)
> now i really dont know what to do from here can you advice me?
did you navigate and posittioned your command prompt window in the folder
hosting the setup.exe boostrap installer of MSDE?
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.bizhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.20.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.64.0 and further SQL Tools
-- remove DMO to reply
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment