Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Failed to manage image field

In my simple table in MSDE 2000A, I have an image field. I have enabled 'text in row' using the stored procedure 'sp_tableoption'.

How do I get jpeg images in the table, and how do I read them?

Now, I ask a naive question. Has anybody ever captured an image from the file system, and saved it in SQL 2000 (or MSDE 2000A, which I am using for development)?

If you don't save image direct to database, how do you manage yor images stored seperate from the database (i.e on the filesystem)

For the last two days, I have searched the net and I regret to say I am not making any headway. Lots of stuff on the net have not been very useful.

Please help. How did you do yours? If it matters, I am using VB .NET 2003 front-end. Let me know whatever method you used.

I am desperate.

|||

Finally done!

I used the MemoryStream conversion to Byte then saved to table. To retrieve, I used the converse.

No comments:

Post a Comment